Tuesday 12 April 2011

This time... its WAR!

Look into my eye!
Yes, my blogs may be as infrequent as weekend trains (Oooooh, take that BR & LU!), but I'm here, aint I? So wass hap'nin', sister? Well: So far, 2011 has been an improvement because:

1. My daughter has started nursery - she's doing brilliantly, becoming a proper little person. Fantastic to see her character and knowledge growing.

2. I have slightly more time to write - yay.

3. I wrote 43 pages of an unusual sci-fi drama. Then I got stuck. Boo.

4. Fed up with being stuck, I turned my attention to an old idea that's been knocking around for a few years. I'm currently on page 112, and the end is in sight. And I LIKE IT!

5. I've been getting out of the house in the name of networking and plugging myself back in to the possibilities of making a new film.

5a) This mainly consists of signing up for the London Screenwriter's Festival, which in itself has already opened up even more fantastic weekenders of brilliant insight.

5b) The first of which was attending AMERICAN INDEPENDENT'S DAY with
Ted Hope (producer of 21 GRAMS, AMERICAN SPLENDOR, ADVENTURELAND, HAPPINESS, IN THE BEDROOM, RIDE WITH THE DEVIL, THE ICE STORM)

& Christine Vachon (producers of KIDS, BOYS DON'T CRY, ONE HOUR PHOTO, FAR FROM HEAVEN, I'M NOT THERE, CRACKS, SERIES 7: THE CONTENDERS).

Needless to say, it was brilliantly insightful, inspiring, motivating... loved it loved it loved it.

6. I wrote a lovely short film, which I'm really pleased with. Next step: Get a producer on board.


Hopefully 2012 will be more like this...
... And less like this.








So that's this year so far, with plenty more exciting events coming soon (which I'll probably tell you about in 2016.)

No comments:

Post a Comment